Data Protection Policy
All Personal Data used by this website is stored and distributed by Intellisell Ltd on behalf of Ravensden Plc. This policy
outlines the shared responsibility of both Intellisell Ltd and Ravensden Plc to protect your personal data against unlawful
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We do not
pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission to do so or the law requires/permits it.
We have designed our website so that you only have to give the minimum amount of personal data required to perform
We often monitor user activity on our website so we can rate and improve the services we offer; part of this process
involves allowing a third party to monitor browsing habits of all users of this website. We do not share personal
information with this third party but we are able to reference the data collected with our own data to create a record of
your personal browsing habits, this collated information is not shared with a third party.
logon details using the supplied tick box on the logon form then your username and password will be stored in a cookie,
you are responsible for ensuring that this data is safe; this feature should never be used on a public or shared device.
We respect everyone's right to privacy and we are fully committed to the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the
The Act sets out a series of rules which all parties of this agreement must keep to when they use your personal information,
- It shall be used fairly and lawfully.
- It shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purpose and not used in a way that is not compatible
with those specified purpose(s).
- It shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose that it was obtained.
- It shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- It shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
- It shall be used in accordance with the individual's rights.
- It shall be kept securely.
- It shall not be transferred to a country which does not have adequate protection for the rights of the individual.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives individuals a number of rights, namely:-
- To find out what information is held about them.
- To be informed what information is held, what it is used for and to whom it may be disclosed.
- To be given a copy of the information.
- To be given an explanation of any codes used or the logic involved in any automatic decision making processes.
- To have inaccurate information corrected or destroyed.
- To prevent further use of personal information if it causes, or is likely to cause, substantial damage or distress.
- To seek compensation for any damage and distress caused by the use of inaccurate information.
- To prevent use of their personal data for direct marketing.
Accessing Your Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives individuals the right to request, and in most cases to be given, a copy of the
information which is held about them.
Please note that the Act only entitles an individual to see, or be given a copy of, their own information. You are not entitled to see someone else's information unless they have given their permission for you to do so. Likewise, someone else cannot ask for your information unless you have given permission for them to do so. This applies to spouses, relatives, friends etc. All stored data is available to be viewed by logging into this website, where possible we have made provisions for allowing you to update and/or remove this data; if you have any concerns about the information stored or wish data to be amended and cannot do so yourself please contact us via the methods listed on this site.
Although every possible step is taken to keep your information secure we cannot be held responsible for any data lost due to your access details being guessed or shared with a third party. It is your responsibility to ensure that your logon details are only shared with those who have permission to view your data and that the complexity of your password is great enough so that it can't be guessed.
If you wish to reject our own cookies, you can configure your browser to do so, but please be aware that if you do, certain functionality of the website may not be available and your use of the website may therefore be diminished.
3rd Party Cookies on our websites
Ravensden uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics use analytical cookies (both temporary and permanent) on our websites to compile aggregate information about the areas of our website that are visited most frequently and to track our own advertising. This information is used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of the website easier and to inform us of the success of our own advertising elsewhere on the internet
For more information please visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html